- Every child will learn.
- Every child has an inherent right to be educated in a challenging, nurturing, and safe environment.
- Every person has intrinsic worth.
- Valuing individual differences is essential to a democratic multicultural society.
- Every person does best in an environment where he or she is valued.
- Teamwork requires trust and communication.
- High expectations are essential for positive growth.
- Creating and adapting to change are essential for optimal growth.
- Effort is the most important contribution we make to achieve success.
- Our community works together with a shared commitment for effective schools.
Vision for Excellence:
Every Paris School District graduate will be relentless in the pursuit of a meaningful career.
Paris Mission for Excellence:
Prepare and support students to think, to problem solve, and to make positive decisions.
Ensure Success – One by One!
The Paris Promise:
Paris Independent Schools will work with families and community to prepare students for school, support students year round. We will provide safety nets for students who struggle, and extend learning for all students, so they are ready to succeed in life and are prepared to give back to our school district with all the pride and tradition that is Paris Independent Schools.
Board of Education
The school board is governed by a five-member school board elected to four-year staggered terms. The board generally meets the 3rd Tuesday of each month at 5:00 p.m. at the Central Office Conference Room located at 310 West 7th Street, Paris KY.
At Paris Independent we recognize that every child is a unique individual who has different needs which must be met in order to reach his or her full potential. Our administrators and office personnel strive to fulfill the needs of our students, staff, and community by following a "Leadership through Service" model. Our office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 4:00pm .
A message from our Superintendent Stephen McCauley Click Here
Board Policies and Procedures Manual
In accordance with 702 KAR 1:170 (Section 3 of the KAR) the Paris Independent Board of Education was informed of the needs of reasonable security for personal information and provided with the most recent best practice guidance, including the Data Security and Breach Notification information at the Board Meeting held on August 15, 2017.
Board Minutes, Agendas and Addendas
Board Meeting 3rd Tuesday of each month at 5:00 in the Paris Board of Education Conference Room. Minutes are posted once they have been approved by the Board of Education
Paris Independent YouTube Channel Link
Public Comment (Due COVID-19 any public comment should be sent to Jennifer Graves by 3:00 p.m. on the date of the meeting and she will record the comments to be read during the meeting. Comments can be submitted via email at [email protected] or at 859-987-2160.)