Paris Middle School is committed to a system of shared decision making involving administration, faculty, parents, students, and the community. The Paris Middle School site base committee was established in the early nineties as a requirement of the Kentucky Education Reform Act. The purpose of our council is to maintain the excellence long established as a Paris tradition and to carry on the spirit of Paris Pride. The council oversees school functions in the areas of school improvement, test analysis and planning, professional development, council operations, council training, budgeting, selection of personnel, and school policies. The council is supplemented by three school-wide committees; learning environment, academic performance, and efficiency. Council meeting dates are typically set for the third Wednesday of each month but may vary due to extra- curricular schedules. The meeting dates are advertised in the local newspaper. All meetings are open to the public.
The Paris Middle School Site Based Council is looking for nominees to run for election during the 2020-2021 school year. This is your opportunity to be a voice in the school! Meetings are once a month and usually last about an hour. If you would like to nominate someone or run yourself please contact Christie Overman at 859-707-9241 or via email at [email protected] Nominations will be accepted thru Monday May 11th!
2019/2020 Council MembersBY-LAWS & POLICIES
- To contact a council member, please call 859/987-2163.
- Stephanie Harmon, Principal/SBDM Chairperson
- Samantha Brown, Teacher Representative/SBDM Co-Chair
- Michella Hopkins, Teacher Representative
- Lori Newton, Teacher Representative
- Jim Long, Parent Representative
- Mary Elam, Parent Representative
- School Bylaws
- SBDM Policies - The 2019-2020 SBDM Council is in the process of revising all Policies. We will share this link as soon as that process is complete.
2019-2020 SBDM Agenda & Minutes
**Minutes are posted when they are approved at the next monthly meeting**